Talkative – Software Engineer
What will you be doing?
- You will be designing, coding and implementing new product features on our real time web application.
- There’ll be lots of responsibility: customer feature requests, deployments, integrations and bug fixing are key parts of the role.
- You will be building reusable code and libraries for future use, while optimising the code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work will vary between frontend and backend. You will also be writing unit tests and implementing security measures.
Why should you join?
- Technology – You will be working on our new technologies, for example WebSockets, WebRTC and Vue.js.
- Skilled Team – We are picky about who we hire! We only want high performers. You will work alongside a skilled, friendly and tight-knit technical team who can further your own development skills via an interactive work environment.
- Freedom – We offer relative freedom in how you complete tasks, as long as they are completed to requirements. We have no dress code and offer flexible working hours.
- Impact – As a fast growing company, your work will be put into the hands of customers. Your work matters!
- Learning – We expect you to learn on the job and from your own reading. We provide training, but the main learning opportunity will be from hands-on development and solving tangible problems.
- Company Ownership – We offer share options to all employees.
- Culture – The team is all in one open plan office, to ensure open communication and a friendly atmosphere. We run weekly sprints, with regular 1-on-1s. Company direction and progress is clearly communicated to all employees.
What are we looking for?
- Enthusiasm for the role, and a desire to work in a startup environment.
- Clear communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Initiative, resourcefulness and common sense.
- Interest in new technology and staying current of development best practices.
What technical skills are we looking for?
- PHP and related frameworks, ideally Laravel.
- HTML5 & CSS3.
- RESTful HTTP & WebSockets technologies.
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Understanding of automated test platforms including unit & system tests.
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, web functions and standards.
- Any exposure to WebRTC and SIP would be a distinct advantage, but is not required.
Talkative is a fast-growing tech startup pioneering the next generation of customer contact technologies. Our product enables real time communication between customer-facing websites and sales teams. Voice, video, chat and cobrowsing is packaged into a cloud hosted service. We are based next to the Celtic Manor Resort in South Wales and have backing from investors including Sir
• £25-30K/year based on experience.
• Optional company pension scheme.
• 22 days holiday + bank holiday.
• EMI stock options.
1. Please email your CV to email@example.com outlining why you are applying.
2. A 30 minute phone interview to understand more about your experience.
4. A face-to-face interview with the founding team outlining the position.